So as I promise in my recent post that I would share some recipe of dumplings. I made delicious vegetables dumplings and it only took 15 minutes of preparation (exclude the dumpling wrapper) and about 30 to 45 minutes of cooking.
- Dumpling wrappers (look at my dumpling wrappers post http://themarvelousstory.blog/2020/04/09/how-to-make-dumplings-or-gyoza-wrappers/)
- 1 carrot (cut into small dices)
- Some mushrooms ( I use champignon mushroom), finely chopped
- Beans, finely chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 onion
- Some shallots
- Firm tofu, cut into small dices just like carrot
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Spring onion and celery
How to Make
- Stir fry the onion and shallot with the sesame oil, wait until it fragrance, then put the mushrooms in, cook for about 1 minute.
- Then add the carrot, beans, put the oyster sauce and light soy sauce as well. Then put the tofu in, seasoned it with salt and pepper. Don’t overcook the ingredients.
- In a bowl, put the stir fry ingredients add egg and cornstarch, mix it well.
- After mixing it, take half tablespoon of the mixture put it in the dumpling wrapper, and seal it by sticking the one side into another side.
- You can make the shape in different way, just be creative and make on your own style
- After finishing the filling into dumplings, set the pan on into medium heat, put some cooking oil, wait until it heated, then put your dumplings into the pan.
- This step is to create the golden brown color of the bottom side of the dumplings.
- Do it in couples batch, don’t put too much dumplings there, it will stick together. Just like us now, make some social distancing also in those dumplings 😉
- After you have done with the bottom part, now put all the dumplings into larger pan or pot, then put some water there about 200ml of water or you can use chicken stock as well.
- Then put 1 tbsp of sesame oil, some light soy sauce, salt and pepper. Taste the broth
- If your dumplings turn into translucent color, then it is cooked well. You can turn off the heat and put some spring onion and celery. Also it will more delicious if you put some fried shallot when serving.
I made this for 16 dumplings, you can reduce or doubled up the recipe it is up to how many servings you want. You can also make some hot sauce with bird eye chilli and mix it with light soy sauce and little bit of dark soy sauce.
So I hope you can also try this recipe and enjoy yours. Thank you for visiting my blog and feel free to leave comments and suggestions. Stay tuned for another recipe I would like to share. Stay safe and healthy guys 😊
One Comment Add yours
Thank you for following my blog. I look forward to reading yours.
LikeLiked by 1 person